• El Dorado County is kicking off a campaign to encourage residents to try alternative forms of transportation during the month of October by walking, biking, using transit, riding in carpools or working from home. Find out more at welldorado.org. Call Carla at 530.621.4609 for details.
October 22, 2018 is the last day to register to vote in the mid-term election, which is held Tuesday, November 6th. It’s easy and can be done on-line through the Secretary of State’s website or through the El Dorado County Registrar of voters.
The Fifth Annual Boo Bingo Extravangza will be held on Tuesday, October 23rd at the Historic Cool Hall on Highway 193. Doors open at 5, and the Early Bat Games begin at 5:30. Call 530.885.9425 for details.
October 27, 2018 This year’s Hangtown Music Festival takes place on October 25th through October 28th at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds in Placerville. Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real and Trampled by Turtles, just to name a few, will be featured. For tickets and more information, visit hangtownfestival.com.
The World Peace Through Beer run will be held on Wednesday, October 24th at 6:30 p.m. at Saugstad Park in Roseville. For cost and more information, visit the Sacramento Hash House Harrier’s Face book page.
This year’s Hangtown Music Festival takes place on October 25th through October 28th at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds in Placerville. Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real and Trampled by Turtles, just to name a few, will be featured. For tickets and more information, visit hangtownfestival.com.
• On Sunday, October 28th, Music on the Divide presents classical and jazz piano with Cole Dalton at the IOOF Hall on Main Street. Doors open at 2:30, and the music begins at 3. Visit MOD’s website for more information.
Black Ice Theater Company presents its new play, Hangtown, a Ghost Play, running through Sunday, October 28th at the Confidence Lab, 487 Main Street in Placerville. You can purchase tickets on-line at eventbrite.com. October 25, 2018 Backwoods Jazz will perform at the historic Nevada Theater in downtown Nevada City on Saturday, October 26th. For more information, including the time, give Peter a call at 530.477.0708.
• On Monday, October 22nd, there will be a GDPUD Candidate Forum from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Cool Community Church, 863 Cave Valley Road in Cool. Visit the candidates’ Face Book pages for more information.
• On Halloween, the Georgetown Library will have its Annual Haunted House, featuring an Enchanted Forest. Hours are 5 to 6 p.m. for the little ones and 6:15 to 8 p.m. for all others. Prepared to be scared!
• As in years past, KFOK will open its studios to the trick or treaters and general public on Halloween. Come on by for some Really Good Chili and other treats, get behind the mic and say howdy to your friends. It’s free, and it’s fun!
• On October 31st, Halloween, the Georgetown Library will have a special Story Time at 10:30 a.m. Wear your costume! For details, call the Library at 530.333.4724.
• El Dorado County Health and Human services presents a low-cost flu vaccination clinic on Saturday, November 3rd, at Divide Wellness Center, 6065 Highway 193 in Georgetown.
On Saturday, November 3rd, Die-In for Democracy will take place at 1315 Tenth Street in Sacramento. The Die-In symbolizes the death of democracy if our people don’t get out and vote. This is not a protest – it’s a promise to keep fighting for democracy.
The Old Kelsey Schoolhouse’s annual fundraiser will be held on Sunday, November 4th at 10 a.m. at the Schoolhouse. The day includes a cash prize, lots of gift certificates, and more. You don’t have to be present to win.
Ione Veteran’s Memorial Park is holding its 7th Annual Veterans Sporting Clay Shoot on Sunday, November 4th. Live music by Rachel Cargill, a raffle, lunch and more. Everyone is welcome. For tickets, call 209.274.2144 or private message Jon Neff on Face Book.
Horses’ Honor’s annual tack sale will be held on Saturday, November 3rd and Sunday, November 4th at the Sierra Building, Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn. You can drop off donations at Echo Valley Ranch in Auburn. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and all proceeds go to Horses’ Honor, a sanctuary for elderly equines.
• Tuesday, November 6th, is election day. If you’re not yet registered, you can do so on the California Secretary of State’s website. If you are in doubt of your polling place or your voter registration status, call 530.621.7480.
There will be a free Medi-Care workshop on Thursday, November 8th at 12:30 p.m. at 4401 Highway 193 in Greenwood. Learn your Medi-Care choices for 2019.
KFOK’s next broadcasters’ meeting will take place on Thursday, November 8th, at 6 p.m. at the Georgetown Community Center on Lower Main Street. The public is invited to attend. You can find out more about your community radio station, sign up to broadcast or underwrite. For more information, give us a call at 530.333.4335.
• The Georgetown School PTA presents its Harvest Festival 2018 on Friday, November 9th from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Georgetown School. This event is free and open to the public. Visit the PTA’s website or Face Book page for more information.
The El Dorado County Fair & Event Center presents its annual Crab & Chowder Gala on Saturday, November 10th at the Fairgrounds in Placerville. The time is 6 to 10 p.m., and you can visit the Fair & Events Center’s Face Book page for details.
On Sunday, November 11th, Music on the Divide presents its 30th Anniversary Benefit celebration. All proceeds benefit Music On the Divide and Divide Music Coalition. Included in the day’s activities will be food, raffles a silent auction and fabulous prizes. The time is 2 to 5:30 p.m. at the American River Inn in downtown Georgetown.
On Thursday, November 15th, the El Dorado Arts Council presents Hope Full Circle. This event depicts various disciplines, including musicians, poets, painters, dancers and more at the Folsom Community Center. For more information, call 530.295.3496.
KFOK’s Sweet Sixteen Birthday Bash and Sock Hop is coming on Friday, November 16th at the IOOF Hall on Main Street in Georgetown. Live music by Kyli Mari, the Blender Bombs, Out of the Blue, and KNUF. There will be a raffle, silent auction, games and prizes. Food by Staves Pizza Truck. Call us here at the studio, 530.333.4335, with any questions. The time is 3:30 to 10 p.m. Help us celebrate 16 years of independent, community radio. See you there!
This year’s Sacramento Harvest Festival will be held from Friday, November 16th through Sunday, November 18th at Cal Expo. There will be original art pieces, a craft show and much more. Tickets may be purchased on-line at admitoneproducts.com.
November 5, 2018 Don’t forget – Tuesday, November 6th is Election Day! If you aren’t yet registered, you can do so in person as late as Election Day, which is Tuesday, November 6th. The El Dorado County Registrar of Voters is located at 2850 Fairland Court in Placerville. Call 530.621.7480 for more information.